Know how to build/use normal armv7 ANE? Here's another step :)
How to build x86 ANE AIR14 via command line
- load AIR 14 here http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashruntimes/air/
- Read this : http://labsdownload.adobe.com/pub/labs/flashruntimes/shared/air14_flashplayer14_releasenotes.pdf
- modify old your old extension.xml
tip : just copy whole old Android-ARM xml platform tag and change it name to Android-x86 should do the trick cause other remain same.
- and for ADT packaging command for ANE build script...
adt -package -target ane Sample.ane extension.xml -swc Sample.swc -platform Android-ARM -C Android-ARM/ . -platform Android-x86 -C Android-x86/ .
Pitfalls and Hints
- even single dot is matter for packing command, just don't miss it.
- Android-ARM/ . mean you will need Android-ARM folder and "." mean anything in that folder will be pack.
- you can try to unzip your ANE for fun
- in case you can unzip your old armv7 ANE, and it contain old .jar which really mean you can rebuild x86 support without original source just some guts (i don't try it yet, but it should work)
How to check if ANE is x86 compatiblejust take a look tho ;p
How to use x86 architec via Flash Builderfor debug do add -arch=x86 via customize launch like
[UPDATE May 14, 2014] : Adobe fixed this https://github.com/PrimaryFeather/Starling-Framework/issues/539 and you will need to add -arch=x86 before -storetype from now on
[UPDATE May 16, 2014] : refer to...
workaround is uncheck delete bin-release-temp folder and your apk will survived inside that temp folder... sound weird i know, just do it!
Like my blog and need more of this? Just download my app or feeding my cats here